Greetings from a Geezer

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by theIteisboys, Jun 24, 2008.

1. theIteisboys

theIteisboys Private E-2

Dear Geeks:

I'm here for the same reason as most folks, I have stuff I can't seem to fix.

I've run several different programs, AVG, Spybot, NOD32, Dr.Web, Adaware, ZoneAlarm AV and ZA antispyware, and while they find stuff, they can't seem to get rid of the things they find.

I've run HiJack This and deleted all but 3 of the above programs and then downloaded them on your recomendations. The Zone Alarm stuff is switched off.

Oddly enough the problems I've found after all the scans were precipitated by the fact that my DVD burner won't recognize any of my RW disks. Go figure.

The result is that I'm placing myself in your capable hands and shall follow your instructions so that I may return to my worry free computing and my aching geezer hood, if you would be so kind.

One word of advice which I have found useful is to remember, People who live in glass houses, should use the neighbor's bathroom.

2. scorcer

scorcer ajMro keGe

Hi, welcome to Major Geeks,

You are going to have to post in the help forums,,

there are seperate forums for, software( programs & OS ), hardware ( dvd drive, hard drive motherboards etc ) and malware ( virus trojans and hi jacks)

good luck

3. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Hello Thelteisboys and welcome to MajorGeeks, please do the READ & RUN ME FIRST here:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
    The above link will give you directions on how to clean your PC of malware, if you still need help after following procedures you can post the requested logs in the Malware Forum as attachments and an expert will help you.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! Follow the link Cat posted. :-D

E

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Back at ya geezer!:-D Welcome aboard.:)

6. theIteisboys

theIteisboys Private E-2

Thanks to all for the welcome and the directions, will check back if needed after running all the steps.

I might not have even needed to be here if I had remembered about toggling system restore. Things that make you go DUH!

Remember, we're all in this alone.

7. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Welcome from a Geezer :wave

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

9. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

I would still post your logs in Malware, things lurk and best to be safe and let them have a look.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds