Nokia Lumina Cant Send Photos?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Spyder2, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyder2

Spyder2 Private E-2

My friends nokia lumina wont send photos, or recieve them. Can someone inform me if this is a problem with the phone or their plan.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try enabling Mobile data.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

How are you trying to send pictures, is it in an SMS or Email?
    Mobile data or Wifi make sure turned on.

If SMS then you may need to contact your carrier as they may not have MMS enabled on their account, but using MMS messages may add an extra cost to their bill as some carriers dont have these included in the Unlimited SMS message plans.

But let us know how they are trying to send and receive messages via SMS/Email or even Bluetooth?

What version Nokia Lumia and whats the software version (can find in Settings > Extras + Info and just tell me the Software Release)?

In Settings still click mobile + SIM and check data is on (plus make sure your friend has a data plan and how much data can you use)

In Settings still click access point and then the carrier name thats active and hold your finger on the name until a menu crops up and click View then under MMS APN is there data in the boxes? even if there is I would call the Carrier and get them to enable MMS.

But also try on a wifi connection to send a pic via email.

4. Spyder2

Spyder2 Private E-2

Thanks for responding David. The way that they are attempting to send photos is SMS.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Spyder2

As mentioned very likely MMS is not enabled, call the provider and get them to enable it, its fairly instant to enable, but as mentioned it may carry an additional charge, could as a alternative and don't know why I didn't think of it use WhatsApp for picture SMS

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Who's your friend's cellular provider? Did they supply the phone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds