PC mess up

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tench, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Tench

Tench Private E-2

hi, k well, one day i was asleep and i came onto my PC, it boots up, i come in a few mins later and its frozen. so im like
    ookay.
    and i reset it, comes up with the 'windows did not boot succesfully could be hardware etc etc boot into safe mode continue normally etc etc'
    I did continue normally. Loads up. Resets. so im like oh no..
    so i reformat incase its a Virus or anythin. it works fine...for a bit. then the screen flickers like, blinks and the mouse is one spot. and the new image its like a screen shot of my pointer where it was before. and it does it constantly. it stops. and or crashes. so i reformated AGAIN. and it worked fine for a bit. then failed. so i went into safemode and it works FINE. so im like ookay..
    and i thought it was a bios problem so i try one. and typed the code which was like.. 0031 for the version. and DL'd a fresh. it runs and a prompt comes up 'Software or internal error cannot continue'
    so im totally puzzled so i need some assistannce. if anyone can help tytytyvm :drool

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

This not my area of expertise but from past experience you will need to provide these guys with some basic information on; your computer, your hardware setup, your operating system.

3. Tench

Tench Private E-2

little text file, hope it helps, i really wanna get it back into action :(

Attached Files:

4. Tench

Tench Private E-2

cant get into bios, press f8 n nuthin :/ lol

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Make and model of computer?
    2. Operating system and any service packs installed?
    3. Desktop or notebook?
    4. Did it come with any restore/recovery disks or a hidden partition or a genuine MS CD?

By doing what? What steps did you take to install the operating system?

Do you mean the computer reboots?
    Have you shut off reboot on error? Have you ever gotten the BSOD and/or seen an error message?

6. Tench

Tench Private E-2

Desktop.
    Sp2
    Windows XP ofc
    No Original discs is that old.
    only a XP CD i bought.

Model: EA81510A
    System Manufacturer: D815EA

7. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

So you tried to update BIOS. The update did not go through? IS your computer starting at all? What happens now when you reset/reboot? What screens do you see?

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

D815EA is your Intel motherboard and EA81510A is your BIOS. Who built your computer?
    Home, Pro, OEM? Was it plain XP or does it have SP2 on it?
    There is Home, Pro or Media Edition, which one of the three do you run?

9. Text note,
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    I doubt his XP cd came with Service Pack 2 on it.

10. Tench

Tench Private E-2

Only in safemode does it work
    it starts up, runs a master slave thing scan, loads past that and will load the windows XP. but before it says Welcome to windows, it crashes and restarts, then it scans again and then this time comes up with 'Windows didnt start properly etc etc, safe mode, continue at last known configuration etc'
    so i go to safe mode with networking and works fine. except for games lol.
    its XP home, SP1

11. Tench

Tench Private E-2

I last reformated awhile back. like a month or less and when it didnt do anything anymore i decided to leave it
    so nothing has changed. and i dont have any windows updates on, but why would updates be a problem when it first started when my PC was alrdy updated (prolly not EVERYTHING latest)
    but if thats a problem it make no sense why it cant boot into windows normally.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds