Yahoo games, plays fine but locks when I try to close

Discussion in 'Software' started by ninetynine, Jul 3, 2005.

1. ninetynine

ninetynine Private E-2

Hi,

Here's my problem. I play Yahoo games on my dell laptop (Inspiron 6000, Windows XP home edition w/ service pack 2, 512mb RAM, plenty of space of my hard drive). The java applets load fine, but when I'm finished playing and try to close the window, it usually doesn't close properly. The window may close, but it stays visible in my taskbar at the bottom of the screen and it often interferes with popup windows and opening other programs until I force it to close using Windows Task Manager. I use Microsoft Internet Explorer (v. 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.060301-1519 with SP2 update).

I assume this problem must have a fix and that it's probably been addressed somewhere on this forum as well as in a thousand other places on the Internet since it has happened on the last three computers I've used with the same operating system!! But I've searched and searched on Google and on this forum for a solution and I can't find a thing. So now I'm finally posting. Please help.

Thanks.

Ninetynine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds