Acer aspire 925G laptop Probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gavibear, Jul 30, 2009.

1. gavibear

gavibear Private E-2

Hi

Wondering if anyone can shed a little light on this prob, I was given an Acer Aspire 4925G laptop, but when I turn it on it goes to a black screen and all the function keys dont work,

I have tried removing the battery, Inserting a recovery cd, but with no luck, I cannot even get into the Bios, friend has emigrated, and I cannot get hold of him.

I have even tried connecting my other monitor to it and again, no joy

If its a case of re installing vista and formatting the HDD or putting on xp, this is not a prob, but please please help.

Thanks in advance

2. lotus8

lotus8 Private E-2

do u get a bios screen?

3. gavibear

gavibear Private E-2

Hello Lotus8

The process is-
    I turn on the laptop,
    it then starts the fan and the hardrive starts and light flashes.
    the screen then turns on to a black screen and a small flashing cursor appears in the top left corner and then dissappers.

then thats it, only a blank screen. so no screens whatsoever

all help appreciated

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Remove the hard drive then try and boot without it,make sure your hitting del or f2 upon boot to enter the bios also.

5. gavibear

gavibear Private E-2

Hi Rikky

Thanks for the help, I tried this, but again this did not do anything different, the only keys that seem to have affect is ctrl,alt and del but after a while these dont even work.

when i turn it oin, the cd drive makes a sound the hdd light flashes once and thats it.

really strange.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds