Toshiba HD-DVD Player Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by youknowwho_77, Aug 5, 2009.

1. youknowwho_77

youknowwho_77 Private E-2

I have a Toshiba Satellite P200 laptop with an Hd-Dvd Rom drive. The laptop came with a program called "Toshiba HD DVD Player" that is used to play Hd-Dvd movies. The player used to play all of my hd-dvds fine with no problem. But, I updated Vista and now when I try to play an hd-dvd the program opens and says "Unable to Playback. Another program that may be using the PC's Video Function may be running." I have tried uninstalling the update and reinstalling my video driver and the program but I still get the same message. Is there anyway that I can fix this error or find a different way to view my hd-dvds on my laptop?:cry

2. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Just a thought here Was "Toshiba HD DVD Player" compatible to Vista?

3. youknowwho_77

Yes it's compatible with Vista. I had just installed an optional Vista update when everything got screwed up. I had Vista before when the program was working fine.

4. NightFirer

Okay another question is there a domainate program on the laptop? Meaning a media player type that you may have inadvertenly given permission to use the drive? IE WMP, Nero, VLC, WinAmp? Hope u know the abbreviation here.

5. youknowwho_77

Ummm how do you check to see if you've given that kind of permission? I have WMP, VLC and Media Player Classic.

6. NightFirer

TO be honest here I don't know that answer since I don't run vista. I currently run xp. You try that question in the software forum someone there should be able to help..

7. youknowwho_77

Alright, I will try that. Thanks for the tip. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds