Blue Mars 2150: Cannot Open with Intel Integrated Graphics - Laptop

Discussion in 'Software' started by seekingelf, Sep 13, 2009.

1. seekingelf

seekingelf Private E-2

Hello~

I'm looking for solutions that might let me delay going for a new computer system. If anyone knows of changes I can make with what I have or something easy to get....any master computer tweakers out there who know of anything that can help?:

I've downloaded but cannot access the software for Blue Mars - runs on the Cryengine. My computer has the Mobile Intel (R) 945GM Express Chipset Family for graphics (none dedicated for video). The specs to enter this 3-D world are high compared to what I have. The new Vidock external graphics card, apparently, will not help me. So far, random tweaks by gamers I've come across do not seem to apply to me:

Have:

Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit on a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Laptop
    Genuine Intel CPU T2080 1.73GHz 1.73 GHz
    RAM 1014 MB

(It's been explained that the graphics chip is integrated into the motherboard)

84.4 GB used
    25.8 GB free space

And: 1.99 GB
    +
    1.86 GB Ram via a USB flash drove activated with (free) Readyboost for Vista.

Total Available Graphics Memory: 256 MB (can this be increased safely?)
    Dedicated Video Memory: 0 MB
    System Video Memory: 64 MB
    Shared System Memory: 192 MB
    ("Change Settings" is disabled under the Troubleshooting tab = no options there)

Blue Mars Specs:

Platform x86 PC or Mac via Boot Camp
    Operating System Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (both 32bit and 64bit)
    CPU 2Ghz AMD or Intel Dual Core
    RAM Memory 2 GB on XP, 4GB on Vista (from what I'm hearing sounds like some people are able to run it on a little less than 4 GB)
    Video Card Memory 512MB and up
    Screen Resolution Display resolution of at least 1280x768 is recommended
    Disk space Approximately 4GB for the installer, temporary files, and the installed Blue Mars program.

Here are some common video cards that are known to work with Blue Mars:

NVidia:
    Geforce 8400m series
    Geforce 9400m series
    Geforce 200 and 200m series

ATI:
    Radeon 3000 series
    Radeon 4000 series
    Radeon HD 3000 and 4000 series

* If your video hardware is not listed, it may still work with Blue Mars. Integrated video hardware from Intel without dedicated video memory will probably not function.

**Note video card compatibility is based on using the most current video card drivers. Prior video card drivers or stock video card drivers have not been factored into testing. All video cards must have updated drivers for certain features to work.

http://www.bluemarsonline.com/about/sysreq.html

and

Notes * If your video hardware is not listed, it may still work with Blue Mars. Integrated video hardware from Intel without dedicated video memory will probably not function (what would be the exceptions?? They don't say! :banghead ).

"Video cards that should support Blue Mars"

http://www.bluemarsonline.com/about/videocards.html

I cannot automatically get into this gamers group. But I downloaded (but have NOT unzipped it) the following. Does anyone know if it can help? I read the Sticky re: emulators and I think this does not break Major geek rules.

[Tutorial] How to use 3D Analyze v2.36b
    http://groups.google.com/group/intel9x-gaming/web/tutorial-how-to-use-3danalyze

Although I haven't been able to locate info in #8 there: ....enter the values of the given cards in the 'VendorID' and 'DeviceID' section. Only 4 types/models can be emulated though, so experiment around with the 4 values given.

If anyone used anything like this Analyzer program mentioned please report.

Also: is there anyway to boost the GMA Booster? Willing to try anything if it might work.

Thanks to anyone who reads this post.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

The Intel GMA945GM uses system memory, the amount will increase with the amount of RAM installed - to a point, I think 256Mb is max.

It is not fully Directx 9 compliant eg., it does not support hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L)

It is only fully OpenGL compliant to OpenGL1.4, it offloads some OpenGL 1.6 and higher commands to the CPU in some kind of emulation.

Basically, if the software was written using instructions above those that can be run natively by the 945, it won't work.

3. seekingelf

seekingelf Private E-2

Okay - & thanks for replying.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds