cd dvd not listed under mycomputer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bnose, Sep 24, 2004.

1. bnose

bnose Private E-2

I have a problem the cd ans dvd rom are not listed under the computer. when I go to the devise manager it says,

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

is this a driver problem or what I can not find the drivers for these. I am runnning xp and have all the updates I believe. can some one help me out. how do I fix this problem.

thanks

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

check that the cd and dvd rom are both connected properly, and that the jumpers are set correctly (i.e. there is a master and a slave). also, check the exact names of your drives by going start >right click my computer >properties >hardware >device manager. Then go to www.driverguide.com and it'll most likely have the drivers (you do have to sign up for it but it's free.) failing in that, do a google search and it should most likely have it, or go to the manufacturer's website and they should have the drivers for you to download.

3. bern

bern Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds