ActionTec GT 701-wg Reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tux2460, Mar 16, 2006.

1. tux2460

tux2460 Private First Class

A co-worker of mine has qwest DSL and she couldn't get WEP set up on her ActionTec GT 701-wg. So she tried using the MAC Authentication to only allow her two systems to connect. Since then her PC and Laptop won't get an IP address, I think she may have put her systems in as an exception to the allow rule and she can't reach the DSL Modem to reconfigure it. Can factory defaults be set by a method other than using the DSL Modem's IP address in the web browser? If she did make her two the exception to the allow rule, putting in a new NIC to reset them should work, however if she just plain screwed up the settings I'd like to be able to just reset everything and just work on it from there. Can it be done via USB?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hey tux2460,
    Couple of links for the modem and reset switch on back can be used to get to factory defaults. Procedure from V.1.0 user manual -

Reset Switch
    Depressing the reset switch for one or two seconds will power cycle (similar to
    unplugging and then plugging in the Gateway’s power cord) the Gateway. To
    restore the Gateway’s factory default settings, depress and hold the Reset Switch
    for approximately 10 seconds. The reset process will start about 10 seconds after
    releasing the Reset Switch.

http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/gt701/index.html#guidesdocuments

http://www.actiontec.com/pdf/um_en_dmwg.pdf

Hope that helps.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds