Will an integrated microphone pick up sounds from the computer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jesse Newell, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

If I want to record myself singing to a track on my computer, will the microphone pick up just my voice or the music as well?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

The microphone will only record your voice. Once you're satisfied that your voice is synchronized with the music, you can combine the music and the voice recording using an Audio Editor.

3. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Thanks. That sounds quite bothersome though. What if I disabled the integrated microphone and plugged in an external one instead?

4. Eldon

My post #2 is not entirely correct. The microphone will obviously also record the sound from the speakers.
    An external microphone will be more suitable. You'll have to experiment and try and find a balance between the volume of the music, and the recording volume, and also the distance the microphone is from you and the speakers.
    An audio editor will let you increase/decrease the volume of the music and your voice to find a suitable balance.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  5. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Great, thanks.

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Headphones.

7. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Um... headphones what?

8. Booboo58

Booboo58 Private E-2

Use headphones instead of your speakers. :banghead, that way the microphone can't pick them up so well.

9. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Why the headbanging? You're talking to someone who knows nothing about technology.

10. Eldon

Jesse, if you use headphones, like suggested, you wont be able to hear yourself sing.

11. Jesse Newell

Jesse Newell MajorGeek

Ah, OK, gotcha. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds