WinRAR

Discussion in 'Software' started by subzero.2, Dec 30, 2005.

1. subzero.2

subzero.2 Private E-2

hey ppl. ok, sometimes, when i try to unpack some files in WinRAR, i get the error sayin that the volume is corruped. can anyone help me?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Would these files be in multiple parts? most likely one or more of the volumes are corrupted, generally download again to test or the actual packed volumes are corrupt at source ( source being the original person who packed the files up )

error being something like this "Packed data CRC failed in volume name. The volume is corrupt" ?

you could always link us to one of the files that you are having problems with and we can test its integrity?

3. subzero.2

subzero.2 Private E-2

ya, i get the error message multiple times and yes thats the error message i get

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Most likey as I said above those are corrupted RAR files, depends where your downloading them from, as some off less reputable sites can harbour spyware/virii as the files are not what they appear to be.

if you want to link me to one I can test its integrity?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds