Outlook Sending "Sent" Emails To Outbook?

Discussion in 'Software' started by J8son, Aug 3, 2012.

1. J8son

J8son Corporal

When I run Outlook 2010 and send an email from within the program it will always send it instantly once I hit "Send.'

However, when I click the emails links on the "Contact Me" sections of a website that loads just a blank email I can type in and click send, I noticed that it doesn't send it immediately if Outlook was not already open. I have to manually load the main Outlook app and you'll see that it has saved the message in the "Outbox" and THEN it will send it once it receives the auto-send command once the app starts up.

This could be problematic if I need to send an email via a web link immediately and forget to load Outlook to actually send it. It could potentially sit in the "Outbox" all day.

Any thoughts?

2. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

I don't know of any way to change that; Outlook has always been acting this way.

I have Outlook open all day long, so this has never been a problem for me.

3. J8son

J8son Corporal

Are you saying that all the years I've sent people email via a link I've clicked on their website that they never actually received the email till the next time I physically loaded Outlook up? If that's true, this blows me mind...:confused

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds