Office 2007 Language support..

Discussion in 'Software' started by parosblue, Dec 1, 2009.

1. parosblue

parosblue Private E-2

My neighbour has an old PC running XP Pro SP3 Greek with Office 2003 Greek.

She has just bought a new laptop running W7 Home Premium with Office 2007 Enterprise both English versions complete with Office Greek Language pack.

I thought it would be simple to copy her PST file to her new laptop, but Outlook 2007 doesn't recognise the Greek characters in Folder names or more importantly in her Contacts.

It doesn't make any difference whether I change the Default Language settings with Office Tools to Greek so menus etc are in Greek - it refuses to recognise the characters.

any ideas most welcome - this is a real problem for her as she has several hundred business contacts that are illegible :-(

2. Serious Sam

Serious Sam Corporal

I know there was QUITE a few language pack updates last week for Office 2K7, might want to see if that might help, there is also a compatibility update that allows 2K3 & 2K7 that would seem to be mandatory for the 2 to "communicate with each other

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds