ADVICE please on Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro mobo AMD64 3000 PLEASE

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by STOP THE WAR, Aug 2, 2004.

1. STOP THE WAR

STOP THE WAR Private E-2

Hi
    Im about to order Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro +AMD 64 3000 +512Mb 3200 memory.Is there anybody who got some experiance with this motherboard and can help me decide,please.
    Im looking for relible place to get it from in UK preferably.One place I had good chat with and good price from is Gladiatorcomputers.com.Anybody use them in the past?
    Thanks for your replay.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I have no experience with that particular model, but I've always been more than pleased with Gigabyte and nVidia chipsets. This is one of the most preferred s754 motherboards available, from what I've seen.

I've never used Gladiatorcomputers.com. I would use either newegg.com or mwave.com.

In this case, since you're getting a board with processor and RAM, I strongly suggest getting one of Mwave's pre-assembled CPU/Mobo bundles. For $9, they'll assemble your CPU, RAM, and mobo and test it. No chance of DOA equipment! Not to mention saving you the hassle of installing the CPU HSF. You can get the mobo, processor, and Crucial RAM assembled and tested for $370.

Also, be sure to get a retail CPU over an OEM. 3 year warranties for the extra $10 are very worth it.

3. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I did see one issue with the GA-K8NS (different mobo... probably has extra SATA or something) where you had to update the BIOS in order to get more than one stick of RAM to operate at DDR400.

4. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

im not a fan of newegg.com, they lost my 300$ money order .. and i am now waiting for it be tracked ... i had a descent experience with tigerdirect.com ... i prefer retail cause i can just take it home with none of the hassles of mail ordering

5. STOP THE WAR

STOP THE WAR Private E-2

Sorry I got problem with sign in.Says "thank you for login in "and still insted redairect me to my thread take me back to sign in window!V.irritating!!! could be my cheap isp or somethink.

newegg.com prices are unbeliveable,I could not check mwave.com site.They still want me to pay about %7 tax compare in britain %17.5.Could not check the shipping price to britain.
    The prices i got looks radicoulus! compare what you pay in US

just the price list they quote me(in pounds and USD):
    AMD Athlon 64 3000 Socket 754 Retail Boxed
    £110.63 $200USD
    512MBPC3200
    512MB DDR PC3200 Major on Third
    £51.02 £93
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro nForce3 150 (Socket 754)
    £68.08 $128
    LG GSA-4120B Dual Layer 12x DVD±RW ReWriter - Retail
    68.04 $128
    Delivery Charge
    3.99 $7
    Subtotal
    £301.76
    VAT
    £52.81 $94
    Total
    £354.57 $646

Im thinkink to go to Manchester Komp Fair where i think are not taxed.

Thanks for replay

6. STOP THE WAR

STOP THE WAR Private E-2

Now, I got problem with opening links.I looked in internet options,security,privacy,connections? Missed somethink .Dont know where alse to look.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds