unknown device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ckycamp, Dec 27, 2005.

1. ckycamp

ckycamp Private E-2

Intel(R) 82801FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640 this is the unknown device in my device manager also I have a Pinnacle tv tuner card and everytime I open the software it restarts thew comp. any help would be great

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

This could be caused by an IRQ conflict, as I've read about this in the past. Has your current configuration worked before?:)

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. ckycamp

ckycamp Private E-2

I have already downloaded the chipset drivers and it didnt work
    Mobo - intel 915gev
    processor - intel p4 3.0 630j
    harddrive - western digital raptor 74GB
    Ram - Kingston Value 1 Gb
    Atx Power supply 480 watt
    Nec DVD Burner
    and thats it

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

If you goto Device Manager and select the Intel(R) 82801FB LPC Interface Controller - 2640 then click Driver > Update Driver ( allow XP? to access the net to search for a driver )

as Novice posted above did this configuration ever work fine with no Unknown Hardware in Device Manager?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Thats the ISA bridge controller.

Whats the Device Manager error code?

You get this by going to properties of the device.

As for the Pinnacle device, it sounds like you have a driver/software installed thats incompatible with XP.

7. ckycamp

ckycamp Private E-2

I found the problem with the unknown device. I didnt install the trusted platform module software that is why thats coming up. Thanks to everyone that helped. The pinnacle problem I dont think its xp because I had it on another computer with xp home and it worked fine. The only thing different this time around is that its on xp pro now.

8. Brian C

Brian C Private Peanut Gallery

I wonder who could have found that answer for CKY? hehe

9. ckycamp

ckycamp Private E-2

thanks BBBBB!

10. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Glad to see that you got part of your problem fixed!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds