problems with grand theft auto vice city

Discussion in 'Software' started by jonsimmonds, May 30, 2003.

1. jonsimmonds

jonsimmonds Private E-2

rite i borrowed this of my lil bro as my parents and him visited me today, its a fully legit copy brought from a store, and it wont load. it installs ok, when i click the icon in its start menu group it changes the mouse icon to a mini cd, the cd and harddrive gets acessed, it uses 2-3% cpu power then 20 seconds later the icno, harddisk &cd activity die and nowt happens, any ideas?

my dads pc specs (what my bro uses to) - chaintech via kt400 chipset mobo (cant remember the name) - xp1800 - 256 PC2700 - msi gf4 mx440 128mb ddr agp 8x - 80gig WD

my pc specs are in my sig, the only thing that is 'better' than mine is the graphics card, but according to the specs on the game my card should be supported

any ideas? i tried rockstar support and they are useless!

Thanks

Jon

2. dalic

dalic Private E-2

If you reboot and It still wont work try reinstalling, otherwise I wouldnt know what to do

3. |Robot|Bender

|Robot|Bender Private E-2

Here is an idea...

Goto www.gamecopyworld.com

And download the fixed .exe (NO-CD).

Replace your old .exe with the new one and try again.

I saw this issue with the GTA3 and it was due to a sync problem between the system and the CD-ROM as it seeked out a CD.

This .exe (which is legal if you own a real copy btw) keeps the game from seeking the CD.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds