Hardware or Driver problem

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by D_M_A_C_K, Nov 30, 2009.

1. D_M_A_C_K

D_M_A_C_K Private E-2

Hey guys. I am new to posting in the forums. I have been using the site for a while to fix other people's computers never mine. I have lost my sound. I am not sure if its a driver problem or a blown chip.

My system:

M-board: ASUS P5QL-E with a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz chip and 4 GB of RAM.

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800

Please let me know if you need more system info.

I tried reistalling the driver from M-board CD and from internet. Rolling back the driver nothing works. I don't even see the card under the device manager. Anything you could do would be great.

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MGD_M_A_C_K:wave Glad you could join us.. I think you will get a much better response, if you posted this in the Hardware thread. ;) There are a Lot more eyes over there, and you will get a quicker answer. ;)

3. D_M_A_C_K

D_M_A_C_K Private E-2

Thanks TeeCee. Wasnt sure where to put so I fiqured I'd be safe here.

4. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

and welcome to MG'S D_M_A_C_K from down under:-D:wave

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to MG D_M_A_C_K :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds