Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by john5657, Dec 13, 2010.

1. john5657

john5657 Private E-2

Just a short intro - I've been working with pc's since i got my first IBM PC with 2 floppy drives and the hard disk hadn't come out yet. I'm a user - not really a software guy. I kind of got lost on the operating systems when the new fangled windows software came out.

What lead me to this forum was my daughters Toshiba Laptop. It has issues. Reboot takes about 15 minutes (I have taken everything out of the start up sequence I know how to do) when it goes to the internet (wireless DSL at the house) it goes to webweb123 as a start page- though the internet options indicates the home page is foxnews and if you click on the home button (IE -8) it goes to fox news.

After a rather lengthy try this and try that with various malware and antivirus programs it has lost audio (realtek High definition audio error 39 - also a bunch of microsoft kernel audio can't installs) I've tried unistalling, running ccleaner, rebooting, and look for new harware - and get the same can't do it -error 39.

I found the step by step guide to malware removal on your site. I have downloaded the suggested software and I will attempt to grind through it step by step and post the logfiles. Unfortunately at a 15 minute re-boot cycle and 3-4 hours to run anti malware and / or superantispyware it takes a while to create the logs.

john

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi John

Welcome to the forum and indeed do stick with the malware scans until you get the logs then start a new thread in the malware forum area and attach said logs, then our malware experrts will run through the steps needed to clean you of any malware.

Once you get the malware all clear, and audio is still not working start a thread in the Drivers forum, with a link to your completed malware thread as it will have some hardware software specs we may need.

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Welcome to MajorGeeks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds