Suggestion for Registry cleaner? Overall PC cleaner?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Javaslinger, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Javaslinger

Javaslinger Private E-2

Can any of you recommend a good overall PC system cleaner or registry cleaner?

Thanks,

javaslinger

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

CCleaner is a very popular drive cleaner. It also has a safe registry cleaning option. A program that is new to Major Geeks is FCleaner. It has lots of options and also has system optimization tools. Another popular and great cleaning/optimization tool is Advanced System Care 3. It has tons of cleaning and optimization features. For a good basic drive cleaner, few programs are as thorough as Clean Up! For registry cleaners, I like using Comodo's Registry Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner.
    I hope these suggestions help!

[dlb]

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would have to plump for CCleaner from dlb's listing of good available ones as its the safest and a complete package to do what you wish.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Ccleaner FTW :)

5. damedic_mt

damedic_mt Private E-2

A comparison question:

I know that only one AV & only one Firewall should be on your system per your knowledgable guidelines.

Is that true for programs like malware removers as well?

Once an infected computer is cleaned & given the green light, should only one remain installed on the computer? Such as:

Super Anti Spyware, & Malwarebytes anti malware?
    Is CCleaner in the same category as the above two? Is Advanced SystemCare the same as well?

Can I have all 4 of the above still installed? What about Clean? Can that be added/installed to compliment the mix?

I know lots of questions, but since an infection on my 'puter, I might be a little over zealous just wanting to maintain a clean computing environment.

Thanks

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It dosn't apply for malware programs, but if they are resident applications that run all the time, I would expect performance problems. In the future, please make a new thread instead of attaching to one that is not only irrelevant, but a year old.

Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds