Need to unlock admin password

Discussion in 'Software' started by geminisoup, Sep 29, 2014.

1. geminisoup

geminisoup Private E-2

Working on a friend's computer and he cant remember the admin password. Unable to even download any repair tools without the password. Any suggestions on how to reset or bypass the pw? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. C0rhHusk3r

C0rhHusk3r Private First Class

I think help such as what you're asking for is against this site's rules.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

How did he log on to use it?

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

There are multiple ways to get what you need done. What OS is this, by the way? XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1?

5. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I don't think he/she logged in to his/her "friend's" computer. He/she posted from his/her own computer.

The problem with this is proving ownership of the computer in question.

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I was just curious how his friend used his PC before without the password. Geminisoup's initial post suggests his friend has access through a limited account. The circumstances seem rather suspicious but perhaps geminisoup has a reasonable explanation.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds