Laptop connects here but not there

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Revenant, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Revenant

Revenant Private E-2

Hello
    IV looked throught the threads and seen SIMILAR posts but nothing like this I don't think unless I messed something.

I have a acer one laptop.
    Wifi works Great at my house and other wifi stops like McDonald's etc.
    BUT
    When I take the acer to my dads house it will not connect to Internet. Show excellent strength, the encryption wpa2 keys is correct and he is using a new netgear n650 router.
    I have a new belkin n750 router so I know the acer will work with his netgear router.

I've tryed everything. When ping to a web site I get the dreaded time out error and 100% loss. I can post the results of the ipconfig/ all if need.

Hope this isn't a waste of time but just trying to under stand y she won't connect at his house.....

Thanks

2. Revenant

Revenant Private E-2

Ok I tested the acer one on the router that won't allow Internet turned the WPA2encryption off and it worked.

I'm using the same WPA2encryption on my belkin as the netgear router why won't it connect to the netgear router? Very strange I deeded. Or is it?

3. Revenant

Revenant Private E-2

Solved
    It was because of a outta date driver.

Thanks for all the help.

Dirrrrrrrr

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds