Help with the slowness

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nomadd, Apr 1, 2005.

1. nomadd

nomadd Private E-2

I have a problem and I was wondering if anybody could help me. I did a fresh install on my hp Pavilion and I have noticed that it still seems to be running very slow. I have an hp Pavilion 2.3 GHz Celeron, 768 MB of DDR SDRAM, a ATI Raedon 7500 Video card with 64 megs of ram and an 80 GB HDD. It seems to actually be slower than before I dumped the drive and reinstalled everything. It has virus and spyblocker programs installed and they are up to date with no problems. The lag is starting to really get to me. What have I over looked.

Thanks

2. kadavill

kadavill MajorGeek

Try these:
    1:Check out if the os recognise the right amount of ram and processor speed.
    2:Uninstall all installed programs and see if the problem persist.
    3:Use taskmgr to find high use process
    4:Check your paging file size,defrag if necessary.Change location if necesary
    5:Did you format disk if not defrag it.dont fill up the partitions completely.
    6:Stop unnecessary services.
    7:configure startup items
    8:Change your anti-virus program to kaspersky.It catches more uses less resrcs.
    9:use the latest os with latest service packs(upgrade driver)

Maybe it was an illusion celeron 2.3 is a little on the slow side.The programs nowadys want more.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds