dell inspiron 1100 drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by st4r10n, Oct 12, 2006.

1. st4r10n

st4r10n Private E-2

I just formatted my laptop and i cannot find the disc that came with it, so i went to dell to get all the drivers, and none of them installed properly. does anyone know where to get drivers? thanks

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

3. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Dell have a system where you can enter your service tag that is on a sticker on your computer and it will look up the hardware for you? Then it will give you a list of the drivers you need. As with tunered I have NEVER had a problem with this system.

4. dell drivers have to be installed in a certion order...start with the dell notebook....crap i forgot.
    Oh yeah..(1)notebook system software
    (2)Chipset
    (3)Video
    (4)sound
    (5)Network Controller (more than likely Broadcom)
    (6)Communication (broadcom again)
    (7)Sysaptics touchpad....optiona microsoft has it's own generic drivers that work,but sys offers extra options. and that should get you going!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds