Hi & where to post first topic

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dsl55, Aug 7, 2013.

1. dsl55

dsl55 Private E-2

Hi, have been browsing the forum for a few days and picked up some interesting stuff whilst trying to fix my computer so thanks already!

I have been getting a BSOD that randomly happens, doesnt seem to be after using a specific program or piece of hardware. The error is normally irql_not_less_or_equal or driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I am in the process of doing the malware scans (had already ran malwarebytes as found PUP virus and deleted before I ran across your forum) but just wanted where I should start a thread as I'm not sure my BSOD is malware or hardware related.

Am not hugely computer literate, I can follow simple instructions though!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

I see you have a thread in the malware forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=279002 best to stick to that thread for now an see if our malware experts see any malware on your PC if they don't then they will move or advise you on what forum to then post your question too.

But do keep to the malware thread for now

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds