Downloads has gone from Win Explorer

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dumb_Question, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Dumb_Question

Dumb_Question Sergeant Major

A minor problem which I'd like help with please...

now, when I click on the Windows Explorer and it opens, as usual it is spit into two panes. In the left hand pane, under the 'Favorites' Entry at the top, the entry for 'Downloads' has disappeared; it was always there in the past...how can I get it back ? (presently there are 'Desktop' and 'recent places' there)

Dumb_Question
    19.July.2014

HP Pavilion dm4-1050ea - 8GB RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

2. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

Please see this site for step by step instructions on recovering individual shell folders including the "Downloads" folder. I keep this page bookmarked as I too occasionally delete my downloads folder inadvertently. Not sure how it happens but I know this fix works.

3. Dumb_Question

Dumb_Question Sergeant Major

Thank you RustySavage, I followed the link you gave me and the first important thing it told me was where to find the 'missing link' (it was a link to downloads in C:\Users\User-name, not a location)...at this point I abandoned the instructions in the link and simply copied (by drag and drop) the Downloads link to 'Favorites' in the Explorer panel where it always used to be. This appeared to work, with links present. I checked with another User-name, and their Downloads was present under Favorites in Explorer, but was empty.

Excellent !

Dumb_Question
    19.July.2014

HP Pavilion dm4-1050ea - 8GB RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit

4. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

My avatar takes offense to your "missing link" reference ;)

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Hehe, love it! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds