testing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yangor, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Yangor

Yangor Private E-2

testing

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

What are we testing???

3. Yangor

Yangor Private E-2

Sorry, the title of this post should be: ATI Radeon 7200 Problems

Yesterday, i updated all the security patches including DirectX 9.0c from the Windows Update site for my second computer running Windows 98se. After rebooting, everything was fine. I went back to the update site again to update my video driver (ATI Radeon 7200 series). After another reboot, the screen was black, but the monitor was still on. I restared the computer in safe mode, and configured it to use the Windows VGA driver (original installation CD was long gone). Then, I started the machine in normal mode, and removed the ATI driver, plus the software. I installed the latest driver downloaded from ATI.com. During the install, an error message came up, saying "SUregcreatekey failed". After another reboot the screen was black again.
    I downloaded the Driver Cleaner Professional from Majorgeeks to clean out all the ATI driver components. I tried other versions released by ATI, but the black screen keeps coming up.
    I went to the ATI Knowledge Base to look for help. There were a couple of postings involving my problem but there was no reply.
    Any help?
    Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds