Windows Media Player won't work

Discussion in 'Software' started by VT_yler, Jul 7, 2005.

1. VT_yler

VT_yler Private E-2

I recently got my computer back from having some viruses cleaned out of it and I eneded up having to reinstall Windows. Now it seems Windows Media Player won't work. I get an error message saying that there may be a problem with my sound device. I tried updating the driver for my sound card but it too says that it cannot detect my sound card. Under the device manager it says that everything is okay. I made sure all of the connections inside the computer were fine and they seemed to be I even put it into a different PCI slot to see if that would work but it was the same. Winamp will work and all of the other sounds on my computer will play but WMP will not. Any idea what the problem is?

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

What version of windows? What version of WMP?

3. VT_yler

VT_yler Private E-2

Windows 98SE

Windows Media Player 9 (I also tried it with an older version and it also didn't work)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds