Windows XP Slow load

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mikey242, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Mikey242

Mikey242 Private E-2

Hey guys, this is m first post here and I have a slight problem.

I have a pretty decent computer but for some reason Windows XP takes ages to load. I have noticed that the HD light does not flash for more than half of the time that windows is loading (particularly at the black screen with windows logo and loading bar) the logo just sits there (presumably) without the computer actually loading. I find it strange because a friends computer (A7N8X-E with AMD XP3200+ CPU, 1.5GB Ram, Raid0 config) loads MUCH quicker and the HD is being accessed consistantly during startup. I may not have a Raid configuration, but I would have thought it would still load as least as quick. Here is my configuration:

DFI CFX3200 DR Motherboard
    AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (San Diego)
    250MB SATA2 HD 16mb Buffer (on ULi controller)
    2 x 1GB Crucial PC3200 DDR Ram
    ATI X1950XT 256MB PCIe Video Card

Once in Windows XP my computer is very quick.

Thanks

2. manmachine

manmachine Private E-2

If you intend to resolve issues for boot/resume performance on your PC, it is highly recommended that you contact the vendor from whom you purchased the PC. However (link) you might download Bootvis, a free MS tool designed for optimisation of the boot sequence..It could solve some problems involving divers load up.

3. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

4. Mikey242

Mikey242 Private E-2

Thanks for the reply nitecrawler, but my pc is custom built so no vendor. Also I have used bootvis and my pc is fairly well optomised. The problem is that there seems to be a delay in the HD access during windows loading. It just seems to sit there doing nothing while the windows logo is up.

5. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

6. Mikey242

Mikey242 Private E-2

Thanks, that link looks interesting, I will try whats in the link.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds