Pc tools antivirus problem!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Megamanxxxhp, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Megamanxxxhp

Megamanxxxhp Private E-2

Hey guys! I just recently downloaded the PC TOOLS ANTIVIRUS free edition, and it says to run a SMART UPDATE, but whenever i try it, a message pops up after i click |NEXT>|.

The message says "UPDATE FAILED" " Error downloading the list of updates. Please try again later."

:cry :cry :cry :cry

Can any of you give me advice on how to make it work? :major

THANKS. ~MEGAMANXXXHP~

:confused :confused

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Moved to the Software Forum.

3. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

This is from PC TOOLS support, specific to Smart Update. Cheers..

View Answer for PC Tools AntiVirus
    I am having problems with Smart Update, what could be the problem?

The problem you are experiencing is generally due to one of the following reasons:

* No Internet connection - please ensure you are connected to the Internet when attempting to perform a Smart Update.
    * Firewall / Proxy Server blockage - you may need to temporarily disable your firewall or proxy server to perform Smart Update, as these could interpret the PC Tools AntiVirus' update function as a malicious process. If possible, place PC Tools AntiVirus' 'Update.exe' on your firewall or proxy server's 'Allowed Processes' list. This will allow you to run future Smart Updates with your firewall or proxy server enabled.

On the other hand if you have connected to their server and are experiencing the error it could be from server end. You can get on line support from here. http://www.pctools.com/contact/support/product/answers/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds