Why won't Roxio take my AVI file?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dawn_speechpath, May 1, 2008.

1. Dawn_speechpath

Dawn_speechpath Private E-2

I had a .wmv file that I converted and compressed into an .avi file. When I tried to upload the file into Roxio DVD creater, it won't allow me, and the icon appears as a red circle with a slash through it. Roxio is supposed to take .avi files, so I don't understand why it won't work.

Alternatively, I could upload my .wmv file into Roxio, but the file is so large that when it burns to the disc, the last 12 minutes show up skipped on the TV. I have tried burning many copies, and always the last 12 minutes show up skipped. I think it's because the movie is burned so close to the edge of the remaining free disc space. That's why I converted the file into a compressed .avi format. Help!

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

Does the .avi file play correctly in your media player?
    If so thjen the problem is that the Roxio DVD writing software is lacking a codec plugin.

3. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds