nero burning rom won't burn for me anymore! help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by nbalive, Aug 4, 2005.

1. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

when i try to burn a compilation of songs and click on the "open write-cd catalog" tab, it lets me choose the option to burn the cd. but when i try to burn the cd, a "save image" window appears. this is weird because i don't want to save an image. i just want to burn my cd!!!! and if i close this "save image" window, it automatically aborts the burning process. so i decide to just save this stupid image, whatever it is, but when the burning process window shows that nero is burning the songs onto my blank cd, the e drive does not even make a sound. the light does not even blink, and it used to do that when nero was able to burn my cds. why isn't nero burning this cd for me??? it's like the e drive does not work, but i tried putting in my encyclopedia cd rom in there and it ran perfectly fine. does this problem have anything to do with my nero version?? i have version 5.5.7.8. Any help would be much appreciated, and im in no way illiterate im just in a hurry because i want an answer and nero is angering me!! lol

2. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

o and a while ago i upgraded to windows p2p. i dont know if that may have anything to do with it, but i was able to burn cds before i upgraded to this. i have windows xp, 256 mb of ram, and in intel pentium III processor on a custom made computer.

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

I take it that you mean SP2? (p2p)

Update your version of Nero to the latest one as there were a lot of bugs fixed after the release of SP2.

Also, if it plays up, try the Nero Info Tool located in the Nero ToolKit in the Start Menu.

If unsure, then post the log as an attachment here and someone can look at it for you.

*Do not copy and paste the results please, only an attachment*

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Are the tracks you are trying to burn already in a saved compilation or image file.... NOT single Mp3s or WAVs? if single tracks then see below.

Try these options....

1. Start Nero and Click AudioCD then instead of clicking "Open" click "New" it then give you a new screen in which to pick your tracks to burn into a compilation.

2. Use Nero StartExpress instead... Click Music > AudioCD and either click add and browse for the music tracks or drag and drop them into the main window, once finished click Next > Burn

also as Insomniac said update your nero version as the one prior to XP SP2 does have problems.

5. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

6. DavidGP

If you have a Nero saved list ( icon looks like cd with musical note ) then just double click that and it will open your saved list ready to burn.

or manually do it one of the 2 ways I highlighted above.

do you have version 6 or 5? try to update your version to latest version and see if that works ok before shelling out ££$$

7. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

i have version 5. should i download version 6 for free??? and i can i download the full version 6 online for free?

8. DavidGP

You can get Nero6 from Nero themselfs for free but its a time limited demo and at the end of the 30days you will have to pay for it.

Did you try my options on burning your music?

9. barnburner

barnburner Private First Class

Check to be sure Nero is recognizing your burner. It sounds like it is seeing no burner, thus burning to an image by default.
    Check Neros site and download the latest version of Nero 5.

I had similar problems with one of my computers, and that fixed it.

10. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

hey halo, ive been trying option one from the beginning and it doesnt seem to work. i dont know how to do option 2 though.

11. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

barnburner, what was the latest version of Nero 5?? they already have a version 6 and i dont know if i should download that one.

12. DavidGP

Nero 5 updates ( 5.5.1056 was last update to v5 )
    http://www.nero.com/en/nero-up_vor.php

Version 6 will be more compatible with XP and especially SP2, but still see if the above updates your version and works?

have you checked what Barnburner suggested?

13. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

no how do check what Barnburner suggested? i'll go to that site u sent me too. i hope its not so long of a download because i don't have dsl, i have a modem.

14. DavidGP

errrr yes its 19mb's in size so on dialup wil take an hour or so :(

As for what barnburner said to check, if you run Nero and click cancel on the new compilation, click on the top menus recorder and see if your burner is listed?

Have you tried to re-install nero?

15. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

no i haven't tried to reinstall nero. i think i have the software somewhere but i'm not sure exactly where it is. and the guy who custom made my computer installed it himself.

o and i tried to download version 6 a few days ago, and it said estimated time was over 2 hours....man..... im going to have to leave it downloading overnight probably.

16. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

o halo, i checked the recorder and it shows my lite on it burner as one of them. man im going to have to download the new version. ill do so in the next few days or something and i will tell u guys what happens.

17. DavidGP

ok cool.. at least with that version as i have it I can easily recreate any steps to take to fix burning.

I will keep my eye out for your post, have a good weekend :)

18. nbalive

nbalive Private E-2

hey thanks for everyone's help! i downloaded the link that halo provided, and nero is burning cds for me now. i cant thank u guys enough!

19. DavidGP

Great... glad we helped :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds