uninstaller does not work

Discussion in 'Software' started by mastermiaow, Mar 7, 2007.

1. mastermiaow

mastermiaow Private First Class

For some reason the uninstaller function on my canon N656U scanner software does not work. Therefore I cannot use Add/Remove programs to uninstall the software. Is there another way to remove the software?

Many thanks

Matthew

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

There are several ways to remove the software, some are more thourough than others. I would first try to re-install the software from the CD and then try to un-install it again. Often times if the software is installed when you insert the CD, the install menu will offer the choice of removal. You could try a 3rd party un-installer, several are available for download right here at MajorGeeks. You could simply remove the folder from Program Files, the entries from the msconfig startup menu, then clean any leftover registry entries manually or with CCleaner's issues button. This last method is not very thourough and you'll be left lots of orphaned files.... Check the Canon web site for help on thier support or FAQ's page(s). GOOD LUCK!

hopperdave2000

3. mastermiaow

mastermiaow Private First Class

Thanks for your help

I do not have a CD, I downloaded .exe folders from Canon website.

Do you recommend a specific uninstall program from Major Geeks?

Masterm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds