Removing windows 10 update logo on taskbar.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

I have finally figured out how to remove this annoying little icon that you can not disable in any way.

All you need to do is uninstall this here-->>Uninstall Update for Windows KB3035583

Your windows will ask you to reboot and do so be cause it part of the process of removing the windows 10 up grade logo.

Your system will be going through the Uninstall process when you reboot so this might take up to about 5 to 10 minutes.

I know this thing can be very annoying at some times.

Enjoy this fix.;)

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

And then, you can't get a free upgrade to windows 10. I'm happy with it there. But, if you are on Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise and are on a domain, then you won't see it.

Then again, I'm unsure if you were to opt in with that icon in the systray, then later uninstall that update. Will you still upgrade to windows 10?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds