Avant Browser Crash

Discussion in 'Software' started by SherifAyad66, Jul 27, 2015.

1. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

Dear Support Team,
    When installing and running Avant Browser it crashes the whole computer without showing any errors or notifications and I must reset the PC that what happened with versions 2013, 2014 and 2015 series but not with the 2012 series. I am using Windows 8.1. Is there any solution for this problem. I am waiting for feedback and reply.
    Best Regards,
    Sherif Ayad

2. TsVk

TsVk Private E-2

Perhaps you should consider using a more modern browser like Firefox or Chrome. As you said yourself it has had issues for the last 3 years.

3. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

What are Firefox alternative browsers?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Palemoon, Opera, Chrome, Safari

5. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

There is also Cyberfox and Waterfox too. But there are 64-bit browsers.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  6. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

When installing and running pale moon browser it crashes the whole computer without showing any errors or notifications and I must reset the PC that what happened with versions 24, 25. I am using Windows 8.1. Is there any solution for this problem. I am waiting for feedback and reply.
    Best Regards,
    Sherif Ayad

7. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

8. plodr

There is someone on another forum that is having PM crashes. If someone comes up with a solution that fixes his issue, I will post it here.

In the meantime, go to Tools, Options then the Advanced tab. Click the General tab and in the Browsing section turn off hardware acceleration.

9. plodr

Well he discovered pages were rendering strangely in PM too.
    He went into about:config then
    network.http.pipelining and changed the value from true to false
    (I checked and mine is true with no PM problems).

10. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

After installation Pale Moon 32 bit crashes automatically this happened also with the portable version. I uninstalled and remove it from registry.
    Thank you

11. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

What are the best cpu cooler software?

12. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

A completely different topic needs its own new thread.

13. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

I cannot stop hardware acceleration because pale moon crashes windows after installation without giving any errors, notifications. Is there any solution?

14. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:major Try following the advice already given to you by Eldon in post #7. *Why aren't you helping us to help you??(a familiar pattern it seems)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  15. SherifAyad66

SherifAyad66 Private E-2

Pale Moon 24.6.2 32 Bit on a Pentium 4 CPU Intel 1.2 GB 2 GB RAM Windows 8.1 64 Bit but after installation and when starting the program always crashes windows without giving any errors, notifications or blue screen and my hardware is working very well. Is there any solution for my problem. I am waiting for feedback and reply.
    Sherif Ayad

16. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are you going to follow the advise given in post #7 and again in post #14?

17. plodr

You are running a 64 bit version of Windows 8.1 on a pentium 4 computer with just 2GB of RAM!
    I can see why you are having assorted computer problems.
    That's my final comment in this thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds