Disgusted with Yahoo email

Discussion in 'Software' started by GoshenGeek, Jul 28, 2015.

1. GoshenGeek

GoshenGeek Corporal

OK, there are times when I am so frustrated that writing down my frustration just makes me feel better. So here goes.

I am disgusted with Yahoo email & will start moving all of my email accounts to another service. Why am I so frustrated? First, note that I have 6Mbps download speed and my Internet connectivity is excellent; I never have a problem with Internet connectivity. But still there are times when it takes over a minute to log into an email account. Then there are the times the stupid "We're experiencing some technical difficulties" message appears just when I am receiving an extremely important email, & I need to wait anywhere from 5 minutes to 3 days to see my email. Or the times when I click on Inbox and nothing happens, and I must kill the browser, clean out cookies, etc., and start all over. And if I want to stop the silly Yahoo ads from appearing, I need to pay them $50.

My wife thinks I should be more patient. But I am tired of using a service that does not work consistently well.

If the yahoo folks can't make this work properly, they should get out of the business.

OK -- now I feel better. :) :) :)

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

GoshenGeek...

Glad you feel better. Outlook is gaining traction with me with 25 GB free storage and OneDrive and free use of online Office programs for Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and OneNote. Add in the Calendar and Contacts, and then, too, it's all very conveniently placed in the top menu of the net page, so you can get at anything very quickly.

Not to sell a service, but it's a nice service for me to be able to share files and check mail and keep contacts and so on...

Good luck finding the one that's right for you...

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

What can I say? I do not give my Yahoo email address to places that I am expecting "extremely important emails from". I see no ads in Yahoo. You should be running AdBlockPlus. I have it installed in Firefox, Palemoon and Internet Explorer 11.
    I check Yahoo email several times a day and rarely have a problem getting the inbox to load. It has taken them years but they are getting better at figuring out spam. I have no idea why gmail can figure this out and Yahoo seems clueless.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Welcome to the club GoshenGeek...
    Yahoo! Mail is dreadfully slow, especially in Internet Explorer. While I still have my Yahoo! Mail account, more than a year ago I opened an Outlook.com account. I don't see adds and have not had a single spam email. It's time to migrate to a better service. ;)

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Me, I dislike outlook. The page keeps reloading in FF/PM.
    I got a daily newsletter and moved it to fastmail because I hated having to wait for outlook to stop reloading and show me the email.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds