No network, no ethernet controller. HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nicoleo1017, Feb 2, 2008.

1. nicoleo1017

nicoleo1017 Private E-2

I just bought a refurb on computergeeks.com. I hooked up my ethernet cord to the computer and the light turned green, but I still didn't have any interet. I realized I do not have anything under my networks, and my ethernet controller driver isn't showing up either. I have downloaded and tried to use many ethernet drivers but it still hasn't worked. I have no idea what is wrong or what I need to do. It is in IBM TCS50 desktop computer.

2. nicoleo1017

nicoleo1017 Private E-2

when i open the command prompt and type IPCONFIG all that comes up is

Windows IP Configuration

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

What is your OS?

4. nicoleo1017

nicoleo1017 Private E-2

Windows XP

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

6. nicoleo1017

nicoleo1017 Private E-2

yeah i've done that but it seems like its not doing anything, it is like the computer doesn't recognize the cord is plugged in but the light is green

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

The driver isn't showing in Network Adapters (Device Manager) after installing that driver?
    Download Everest and attach the report in your next post.
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware-related Pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

8. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

9. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

Guess what I'am having the same problem,what can we do and the download I need is for a friends computer

10. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

Does anyone out there have any feed back

11. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

I'am haaving the same bull____ problem And the computer I'am trying to fix is a 199 emachine model Eone500 all in one unit, Help

12. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

I'am having the same problem with a emachine Eone500- all in one old 1999,

13. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

When I go to ezlan.net can I download the fix it on to a disk

14. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

Sorry dear did I make a mistake

15. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

Do you know where I can get the same download for my old emachine

16. bjtalley

bjtalley Private E-2

Can I put the everest download on a disk to install on friends comp.

17. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

@ bjtalley
    Please start a thread of your own and try giving folks some time to respond.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds