Internet Explorer address bar settings??? help

Discussion in 'Software' started by battlefield, Jul 18, 2004.

1. battlefield

battlefield Private E-2

How can i get explorer to totally quit finishing what your typing....and to quit suggesting things that you have installed?

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

Turn off Auto Complete:

Internet Options > Content tab > AutoComplete > uncheck the boxes and clear the history.

3. battlefield

battlefield Private E-2

did all that and is still doing it, i have gaim and i dont want that showing up in address bar when starting an address with g???????????????

4. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Go to the Internet Options window and clear the history. Also clear the files and offline files too.

5. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

oops, there's another one I forgot about:

Internet Options > Advanced > uncheck 'Use inline AutoComplete'

6. battlefield

battlefield Private E-2

inline autocomplete is unchecked already and still doing it .... i have followed all suggested so far ..still doing it ????????????????????????

7. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Try shutting down Internet Explorer after you have made these modifications, and restarting it. I've ran across a lot of Windows applications that require a reboot/restart after modifications in order for them to work!

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

Yeah that is another thing. But I thought it would come as common sense, maybe since I'm so used to it.

9. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Wrong thread. Never mind.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds