Windows double downloads

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Jun 12, 2012.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Since Windows intalled 32 instead of 16 downoads(duplicates) I have a confusing issue.
    I cannot coordinate who is guest, log on, admin. When I insert my flashdrive to what I think is my account, I go to guests or switch user and the docs are there too. If I remove them from other accounts they are removed from my account. What am I doing wrong or, how do you establish your account and know it is not something else. Then, install my data so it does not get installed in another acount?
    I have never seen anything like this.

2. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

Had what you are describing happen once a few years back, on a friends Microsoft Windows Vista laptop, wound up reinstalling the operating system. You might try to uninstall the updates with add or remove programs / programs and features, or use Revo uninstaller in the Advanced Mode to do the job.

3. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

>>For future use you may wish to note that I resolved the issue by going to Libraries>Documents. Right click documets and you will see public or your account checked. It is in public when the docs appear in both places so just uncheck it and check it next to to your account - not public. Reboot.

This happened after the updates from Windows so you should make a note of this in case it occurs again.
    Peter

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Thanks! I had an idea that we were dealing with the Public desktop but didn't know how to fix it. Your explanation clarified things and showed the fix. Nice work. :)

5. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

It's not often I can help so it was my pleasure.
    Peter

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds