IE 9 won't keep magnification setting

Discussion in 'Software' started by tjet, Sep 9, 2011.

1. tjet

tjet Supersonic Majorgeek

I have a wide screen monitor so I set my zoom to 125% to fill the screen.
    Suddenly for the past few days the screen will not hold at that setting.
    Every time I close and open the browser it resets to 100% or sometimes when going to a new site it resets.
    Tried opening the status bar as it has the zoom setting on it but it still does it.
    Only changes are I recently went with ZA firewall and AV but can find nothing in the settings or features that looks like it would affect IE preference settings.

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Is your graphics card working at default settings for your resolution? Have you changed anything in 'Accessibility'?

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Have you tried Ctrl+the mouse scroll wheel? See if that sticks.

4. tjet

Hey there, graphics are set to let application decide.
    But it seems to not be remembering my preferences - sometimes Windows don't open at full screen like I prefer also

Oh forgot to say I am running IE7 on a dual core AMD Athlon II with 3 gig RAM and 1 gig gpu dedicated memory

Just thought there is something got changed in settings as the only change is the new ZA firewall / AV combo

I'll try the scrollwheel change and see.

5. tjet

Yup, scroll wheel worked :dancer

Thank you kindly, sir

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds