1. farmertx

farmertx Private E-2

Is there a way for someone who isn't that swift with 'puters to find out which cookies are useful/not harmful?
    I enjoy being able to log on without the username and password entries and think that cookies are how that happens.
    Main thing is wanting to avoid spam. Or is spam unrelated to cookies?
    I've tried reading about cookies thru Google and wound up with headache and little better understanding.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Please read step 11 in the below link (in fact read all of it but step 11 dicusses cookies):

How to Protect yourself from malware!

Note: Spam is not related to cookies. When you email address gets on a spammers list you get spam. Becareful where you use and who you give your email address to. If you have friends that love to use global email lists to forward to you all kinds of junk mail (like jokes and pictures etc). Tell them to remove your name from their address book (or change your email and don't give it to them again).

3. farmertx

farmertx Private E-2

Chaslang--Thanks. Informative. I appreciate the time and effort that went into this guide.

4. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

You're welcome. Surf safely!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds