Creative Labs model #CT6920 WEBCAM drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cmdr Chill, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

Hello again everyone. I hope your Thanksgiving is shaping up to be a nice time with family and friends. Mine sure seems to be. My wife and I are going to do the cooking this year and thats always fun. Well here is my problem, I clipped an ad in the paper that said "Free Webcam To The First 50 People" and then I was "lucky"? enough to get to this place early and they gave me a Creative Labs #CT6920. When I asked If it was plug n play they said I would have to find the drivers on the web. Believe me I have searched the world over and no luck. I even tried to translate a spanish forum but they were having the same problem as I. Do any of you know where I might be able to find this driver? I know these things are fairly inexpensive now but its become a quest and I do think this model was high end in its day. thanks
    Cmdr Chill

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Cmdr Chill

Hello again Halo and thank you for your reply. My cam has a parallel connector and then out of the backside of that (connector), there is a cable that has two other connectors on it. one is a ps2 male, and the other looks like an old CB mike female plug. I hope I have my terminology correct. I am calling that connector that looks like an old style printer conn. "parallel" and the connector that looks like an old mouse conn. (round w/6pins) "ps2". The other is round also and about 1/2 inch across. I connected the "parallel" plug and nothing happens but when I also connect the "ps2" plug the light on the cam comes on and the found new hardware wizard starts. I don't know if both need to be plugged in or just the ps2. Could you tell me how to find product information (pics maybe). I poked around at the link you referenced but all I could find were pics of a USB model. Am I on the wrong page? I did find the driver and tried to install it (installation failed:() but the update driver wizard can't find it. When it says search for driver in a specific location and I try, I get to the folder that the driver is in and I am unable to select it. Please forgive my ignorance:eek:. As "we" resolve my many issues I feel some of my ignorance slipping away, I won't miss it!
    Happy Happy Turkey Day, I sure am thankfull for this community and all of the new friends I have found! Sya. Halo
    Sincerely, Cmdr Chill

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. Cmdr Chill

Hi Halo, Thanks for the post! Unfortunatly that driver won't work or I'm doing it wrong. The funny thing is this webcam shows up as a Winbond SA5459B.
    I unplugged it and then, when I connect it up again it pops up "Winbond SA5459B". The data on the camera is CREATIVE so now i'm really lost. I am currently Googleing Winbond and I'll let you know the results.
    Sya Cmdr Chill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds