money management program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by flessa, Mar 17, 2003.

1. flessa

flessa Private First Class

As you know, I have finally after 5 1/2 years, updated my CPU, memory, and OS. But I am still using Quicken 98 to keep track of my checkbook. I think it is time to update that also.

My options are to buy Quicken 2003 or Money 2003. After what we recently found out about Intuit's Turbo Tax activation crapola, I am not sure I want to stay with Quicken although it works fine for me and I am used to it. On the other hand Money is a M$ program. Is that a bad or a good thing?

Are there other programs in the same price range available that I don't know about? If so, will it import all of my Quicken data so that I don't have to reenter everything?

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

I use M$ Money and while I am not a huge fan of M$ you just can't beat it..
    Quick downloads from banks etc...

works very well for me.. I would never go back to Q

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I use & have used Money 2001 2002 & now 2003 for a number of years and find it does me for the needs I have, quick and easy Statement & Share price downloads!

Its damm easy to get used to......

[Off-Topic] You hear alot of bitching about M$ products BUT guess what? the peeps bitching are using same said products! ;)

If Oracle, SUN microsystems, IBM etc etc where in same position in the market place as MS then we'd all be moaning & bitching about them.....

For a company that started in a garage to becomeing the worlds best Loved/Hated company is IMO the essence of the American dream? "to be successful"...... Billy Gates & co never inherited a company they built it from the basement up which IMO some achievement[/Off-Topic]

Geezuz I rambled a bit there SORRY! ( I blame it on those damm gaelic leprechauns they've been after my Guinness all night ) :)

4. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Agrreeed!

I have tried various products from various companies...

Several different OS's etc.

Until someone makes a better product (and YES I know where to look for obscure products) I will continue to use M$. If I find better products, I'll let ya know.

Ok.. so some of theirs are a pain like M$ Movie Maker... so I use another company's...

Whoa.. my bad.. off topic.

Ms Money is very powerful and works well for me.. really helped us set up good budgets and stick to them'

5. flessa

Well, I guess it's pretty unanimous so I'll pick up
    money in a couple of weeks. Got to spend my $$ this week getting Sam's teeth floated and maybe some wolf teeth pulled. sigh.. Probably should have been done several years ago.

6. DavidGP

I'm way way off topic now BUT I curious.........

Geez...... Flessa what in the world are floating teeth & wolf teeth??

I have this mental picture of a set of nashers floating in a tub of water.......... when big bad wolf comes in and smiles........ saying Good Evening Granny!

This Guinness must be stonger than I thought :)

7. flessa

Re: I'm way way off topic now BUT I curious.........

As you know, horses are herbivores and spend their lives eating grasses and other plants. This causes teeth to continually wear down. Well, they don't wear evenly, so we have vets or equine dentists 'float' the molars. This basically means to file the rough spots off and make the teeth more even. These teeth continue to erupt the horses entire life.

Wolf teeth are extra 'premolars' that most times erupt in males but occasionally in female horses as well. Ordinarily, they wouldn't cause the horse any problems but we like to put a huge chunk of metal in their mouths when we ride. And that hits those teeth and cause pain. Conscientious horse people don't really care to cause pain every time we ride, so we get those teeth pulled. No big deal once the mouth heals in a week or so.

And I have been a bad girl. Sam is 5 1/2 years old and should have had his teeth checked at least once a year. If you need :D any more info than this, you can check Equine Dentistry . They really go in depth there. This is really more info than I care to know too.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  8. DavidGP

Thanks for the clarification

Hahahahahahahaha ROLMAO here :D :)

And here's me thinking it was Brat Boys teeth you were talking about ;)

9. flessa

Do you suppose I could get them both done at the same time? LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds