Trade Show - I need to find/build our booth materials

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pegg, Jul 29, 2004.

1. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Well, I thought I'd rely on my friendship here to ask for some "business" help.

My company is going to a trade show and we have a 10' x10' booth - well right now its just floor space. I have to fill it with a booth/display racks/ shelving... Anyway my job in the next couple days is to try to track down a USED display system someone wants to get rid of.

Thousands of companies go to shows all across the country and you can purchase booth kits that come ready to assemble in large bags. They include shelving, brackets, etc. Some can be as fancy as large metal trusses or other styles.

I have no problem finding companies to provide NEW display materials for us (even EBAY is one big ad for NEW displays).

QUESTIONS:
    1) Anyone in a company that has displays like this to sell me -- new or used?

2) Anyone in a company that has a display that they've used before and it's sitting around never to be used again and you want to unload it -- give me a description and we'll "talk" (it has to be a certain size -- or be flexible in it's design to fit our booth)

3) Anyone know a website to go to that sells used displays/booth materials like this? Some type of Clearinghouse???

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I don't know if they sell used stuff or have anything in stock that was "scratch and dent" but you can always ask. I know them personally

www.sterlingforestdesigns.com

they are out of Auburn NY.. give them a call. :) doesn't hurt to ask.

3. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Thanks, Kodo, their stuff is beautiful. I don't think we need anything small like that (but I'm marking their site for myself -- very nice).

I need more like an integrated system of shelving, or something even portable -- it can be custom built -- that we can put together quickly when we're there but will line both sides and the back of our booth area.

The sides can't be high though because we can't block the view of the booths next to us...if we need to we'll put tables on the side. So really I'm focusing on the back wall and corners. We want to mount a 30' TV and have shelves, a place for a banner, etc.

4. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Well, obviously I'm doing the good old google and yahoo searches and I've found a lot of things to go through, so you don't have to send me there. But an actual site you've used before....

Still wondering (and I know more of you will read this later today) if any of you have had to do this yourself - of if your company has something to get sell...etc.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Pegg, gonna be a hell of a TV ( 30' ). :D :confused: . Just joking. Best of luck, Pegg. Bazza

====

6. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

OOPS - first typo ever ;)
    OKAY - 30" TV.

I've found several sites and someone is going to send me some quotes.

No one out there has USED EXHIBIT DISPLAY or modular system, panels, etc. that they want to sell? Ya sure? Bet your company paid a bundle for them....'course, a lot of companies use them over and over again so.... :)

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

pegg,

Check around in your area for a Local Stageworkers Union, they set-up trade shows and have all kinds of that stuff. You might can get something from them, lease or buy.

Steve

8. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Hey pegg, something like this is not too expensive. The banner will fit on the front if not too big. A 4x8 sheet of peg board can be hung on the back to hang things on, and you can put folding tables around the sides, rear, & one in front. Not too hard to decorate to fit the theme. ;) (This pic came from Wal-Mart) Just a thought.

Attached Files:

9. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I almost suggested that...but most of us don't actually have a darn thing that belongs to us, we are hired to set up trade show equipment that belongs to other companies.

They might know where to send you, though. Not sure where exactly in Central New York you are, but this is a list of all the locals in New York State. http://www.iatse-intl.org/directory/search.asp?searching=1&state=NY It's a place to start anyway.

10. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

PVC pipe with some fittings is a cheap way.........with some nylon material to hang stuff off of........last year I built a frame that was ten feet high x by eight feet wide,....I installed it on a Parade float, put some red, white, and blue material on one side, along with a US flag on the other............wobbles.....

but I live in California, just a wee bit to far away..........to help

11. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

Hadn't thought of that, thanks.

@muskybob -- thanks - but it needs to be more "High-Tech" - which I didn't really say before :)

@Sgt. Tibbs -- thanks for your research

@Wobbles -- we'll be going to Chicago -- not quite a half-way meeting point though (thanks for wanting to help) :cool:

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT. MG rules!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds