System Volume Information

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tranceaddict, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Tranceaddict

Tranceaddict Private E-2

When I turn off System Restore on my partitioned D drive, there is a still a subfolder in the System Volume Information folder named: _restore{2AA86FA6-CEB4-46B9-A260-A78C7302C6BF}, that remains. When I go to explore it, it contains many files that have long been deleted. Can I go ahead and delete this whole folder? Not the System Volume Information, but just the subfolder; _restore{2AA86FA6-CEB4-46B9-A260-A78C7302C6BF}. BTW, shouldn't that subfolder be automatically erased upon turning the sytem restore off? Thanks

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I am not sure about the auto erasing part of the question, but you can always place the folder in your recycle bin for a bit and see if anything goes screwy (unlikely). It seems to me it is just an old restore point file. You could probably safely delete but, it is always safer to have it handy for a little while before deleting permanently. :)

3. Tranceaddict

Tranceaddict Private E-2

By auto erasing, what I meant was that I thought that once you Turn OFF system restore, all entries in the System Volume Information folder should have been erased. Yet, this subfolder that I want to erase, just does not delete and it contains files that have long been removed from my HD.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds