Persistent Error. Cannot find info.

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheAtticGhost, Jul 21, 2014.

1. TheAtticGhost

TheAtticGhost Private E-2

Okay so i wiped my D: drive confident (and tipsy) that there was just stuff on it (pics, docs, music, etc.) but it seems ever since then i get this error. this appears every five minutes and stomps on whatever happens to be on my screen and stays there. by that i mean i can work behind it (it doesnt give me the ol' ding ding blink) but it stays atop anything im doing.

:confused

Attached Files:

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi TheAtticGhost. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Try uninstalling/re-installing the Bluetooth driver from within Device Manager. If that fails, the Bluetooth card may need replacing.

3. TheAtticGhost

The only bluetooth on this machine are the dongles for my mouse and keyboard.

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Uninstall the driver(s) for those dongles in Device Manager, remove the dongles from the machine, plug them back in and let Windows re-install the drivers.

5. TheAtticGhost

I've had this setup for years and actually there is literally nothing bluetooth on this machine now that i think about it. (got confused with my ex wifes MAC?) the mouse and keyboard are both RF. the culprit in this whole thing seems to be something called BleServicesCtrl.exe. I can kill it in TM all i want it just pops up again. I disabled it from startup as well. it just regenerates from somewhere.

6. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

You probably have an application service or Windows service that autolaunches itself at startup and monitors that particular app to make sure it remains running. There are a number of startup monitoring apps by which you should be able to identify the offending service and disable it. I use the startup manager that's part of Glary Utilities.

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

8. TheAtticGhost

i came across this a few times but im a bit confused on a couple lines

"echo this command is default system32 directory for x86 OS or x64 OS "
    and
    "echo this command is x86 application's registry for x64 OS"

surely im not supposed to put that in?

9. TheAtticGhost

The entries didnt exist hence the error. i used Glary to shut down whatever it was that was looking for them (it was a routine. so with my machine running unattended for a day there were 145 instances i had to close out)

anyway looks like that did it. thanks for the help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds