ophcrack question

Discussion in 'Software' started by melearning, Jul 25, 2014.

1. melearning

melearning Private E-2

I am trying to download and use ophcrack to find a windows login password and when i download it the file is zipped. I want to burn the program with iso burner but when I unzip the download with winrar it unzips it into several different files. i right click winrar and unzip to a specified place but it seperates the files into many. I don't know how to unzip it to show the ophcrack program that I need to burn with the iso burner, I m new to this forum and didn't know where to post this. Sorry if this is the wrong place.....

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

go back to sourceforge and download the ISO.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, melearning. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

As plodr stated go to the live CD section on sourceforge to get the ISO to burn to CD.

Have you ever worked with Ophcrack? I tried a couple of times on my own computer even though I'm not locked out. I expected it to reveal my (known) passwords. I am unable to use it correctly. It uses "tables", some of which are quite large (several gigabytes) and I haven't been able to download/install even the "basic" tables.

If you are successful, could you give a brief synapsis on how you succeeded?

5. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Sorry I could not post a link, work blocks 'hacking' tools.
    Anyway, if you download the XP or Vista/7 they have basic tables and you just burn the ISO and boot.
    It has basic hash files.
    If you have trouble look at these tutorials http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ophcrack

and 3...2...1...

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi all

All I can say is these types of threads are a judgement point in which we cannot verify the ownership of a PC, the OP maybe really legit and maybe not. SO at times threads like this may well be closed.

Not closing this one yet but do be careful of comments.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds