Hi from Michigan

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by TAZ_BABY_34, May 2, 2008.

1. TAZ_BABY_34

TAZ_BABY_34 Private E-2

Hi everyone,
    I found your forum through google while doing a search for a problem. I will tell you briefly what I was looking for just to see if I can get some help. I've been having problems with pop ups and I was told it could be from 2 things. One is adzgalore and the other is enhanced browser tools cpmsky. I have ccleaner and ran that I also "think" if I did it right deleted the browser optimizer adzgalore through ccleaner. The problem is when I tried to do the same thing for the other it said my computer might not run the same. I didn't do it as this is only a 2-3 month old computer and I'm not familar with it that much and I'm not very smart with computers, I mean I can do alot but I noticed that you were advising people to use the hajack program. That looks way to complicated for me is there anything easier that I could use.
    Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if this is to long.

TAZ_BABY_34

2. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

popups can be caused by a malware infection.
    have a look at the link paxton provided above and follow the instructions.
    I know it looks a bit complicated but if you take your time you will be fine:)

Then start a new thread in the malware forum and attach the logs in your post. the malware guys will help you with any questions you have.

Good Luck..

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

And welcome from Michigan. :wave

5. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Welcome aboard :wave

G

6. welcome for muskegon mich.:wave

7. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Saint Ignace, Hello.

8. Core20

Core20 Private E-2

I'm writing a post here for one reason:
    To point out how cordial and understanding the replies were to TAZ_BABY_34's request for help.

It's rare to see people jump up and try to help even before asked as several of you did for TAZ_BABY_34. And you all replied in such a professional manor that anyone would be comfortable to work with you in this forum.

Indeed, I "joined" this forum after seeing this thread...

Let everyone take note of my compliment to these men. I have no hesitation to say: They have EARNED my compliment.

Benjamin

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds