Hello from N. Michigan

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Tux_Rules, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Tux_Rules

Tux_Rules Corporal

Hello to all. Just joined at the advice of TeeCee :). I'm a fan of Linux and most things open source. Hoping to both contribute as well as learn a thing or 3 while I'm here ;).

Anyway, I live in Northen Lower Michigan, work at a decommisioned Nuclear Power Plant and have a wife and a 10yr. old son. I took a couple of courses for Linux back in 2000 plus read as much as I could on it as well. Around the spring of 2005 I got interested in the phpBB software and was actually doing well in helping people troubleshoot problems with the Attachment MOD, and eventually got my own domain and would pre-MOD the phpBB software with that MOD as well as customize boards with just about any MOD that a person would ask for. I didn't/don't create the MOD's, but would take the available MOD that individuals could not get to work and make them work. Did that for a couple months then had the option to go full time at work but on midnights, took it, and the forum software took a waaaay back burner!

Enough for now, when I get a little more time, I'll check out the whole site as it looks very interesting!

Tux

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Also a friend of TeeCee. You have to fill her in on Linux.:confused
    Just don't get on the bad side of her birds.:-D;)

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG Tux :wave Glad you made it. Yes, I think you will enjoy this place, for sure. Have a look around, you can post or reply to any post anywhere EXCEPT the Malware thread. That one is for Malware Experts only, but otherwise, you can really enjoy yourself here! ;)

Good morning hrlow2 ;) Looks like you got all the birds so far! :-D

4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

Hello from S.E. michigan.
    Welcome to mg! :)

5. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

AHA!!! I've been waiting for you!! TeeCee warned me of your coming through a PM and then warned me NOT to scare you away:-D One things for sure, if TeeCee is your friend, then you have one great friend there! When you get the time, just com'on back and cruise through the forums and you'll soon discover that MGs has THE greatest people on any forum and I think you'll like it here. However, if you don't, there is a 30-day money back guaranteeroflmao Welcome to MGs!! And to prove I AM serious about my welcome, here ya go!!

[​IMG]

6. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Any friend of TeeCee's is a friend of mine! :wave

[​IMG]

Enjoy your time here. :)

7. Tux_Rules

Tux_Rules Corporal

Thanks for the welcome everone!

After I take some time at home to take both pictures and video of one or both my computers that I am having trouble with, I'll post 'em here as I am almost lost as to the cause. But that's for another thread.

I did see something scary tonight on my way in to work. It was that white stuff (I won't say that really bad sn*w word ;) ) falling from the sky! I'm just not ready for it!

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll see ya all around!

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

9. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Welcome :wave

10. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

and welcome from down under:wave :-D

11. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome Tux :wave

12. Tux_Rules

Tux_Rules Corporal

I again thank you all for the warm welcome :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds