Outlook Express 6 Inbox messages problem with "+"

Discussion in 'Software' started by KathyH, Dec 8, 2008.

1. KathyH

KathyH Private E-2

Within the past 2 weeks, I've got a issues that I am not able to figure out how to fix (acutally driving me a bit over the edge). Reply messages in my Inbox are coming in the same folder from recipients with a "+" next to them. In order to see messages, I click on the "+". Never happened before, and I've been using Outlook Express for years. I have not upgraded OE, no setting change on my part. My goal is to put back how it's always been, replies coming in there on message, not within another. Hope that makes sense. I will attempt to include a snapshot. I will eventually uninstall and reinstall, but really don't want to worry about losing mail and having to redo address book, etc. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks..

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Seems like you may have inadvertently changed the setting in OE for Current View. Click on View (on the top menu), Current View, and then unselect Group Messages by Conversation, assuming it is currently selected.

3. KathyH

KathyH Private E-2

Oh my, do I feel foolish. I can only assume I inadvertently changed that setting...bingo it's fixed. Thank you so very much!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds