Don't fall for this scam...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Paxton007, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

The next time you're at the zoo, and the guy at the ticket booth tries to sell you a ticket for the "water park & petting zoo" it's most likely a scam, don't fall victim to it.

[​IMG]

Fox News Old news now though, 4/11.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I saw the video. It actually shows her wading through the water smiling...until she was mauled.

She actually jumped in there. I hope she was heavily fined.

And why don't they have a fence up?

Every day on the internet, my faith in humans' stupidity is restored.

3. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Silly humans.

4. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

They have a fence up, and have said they're not changing anything about their security. Here's what CNN has

Link

She looks like she could have given it a go, if she knew it was coming.

I had a friend who had an "incident" at the Pittsburgh Zoo.. We were kinda lost driving around, and we see this little parking area with a green fence, head high and then some.. He has to pee, so we park in the lot, he scales the fence and takes a leak. I swear to god, he gets in the car, we back out and I point at this sign in front of a car that was down the lot two or three cars "Pittsburgh Zoo Employees parking only"

We drove about 10 feet, and TIGER right where he was. LOL

5. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Stupid, like the boys in San Fransisco were drunk taunting a tiger, cost the life of one boy and the tiger because of human stupidity. :(

People who think animals have human emotions are asking for trouble. Like the chimps, another sad incident.

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

"The moment a woman was mauled by a polar bear after she jumped into its enclosure at Berlin Zoo was caught on camera."

They should leave Mr. Darwins people alone. :-D

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Don't think she will be doing that again.

8. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Don't underestimate a sick person. Perhaps she'll find a less painful way this time.;)

9. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

DO NOT SWIM WITH THE BEARS!

[​IMG]

Maybe they should have signs like this up in places.. But it wouldn't help most of these idiots anyhow.

10. wildwolf220

11. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

roflmao Sorry, had to laugh. You bad, Pax. She mad.

12. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

At the zoo here in town a tiger mauled a guest a year or so ago. There was a huge scandal about it and all sorts of clamoring about increasing security until security camera footage revealed that the woman who got mauled had been poking the tiger repeatedly with a long tree branch, until the big, big, BIG male adult tiger had enough, grabbed the branch and yanked her right smack up against the bars of his cage, and took a swipe at her.

There was no sympathy for her from the public after that. If you poke a fully grown tiger with a tree branch for several minutes, you deserve what you get... rolleyes

13. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Every time I hear about one of these, my first thought is always "well, if you weren't a complete idiot this wouldn't have happened". Seriously. They're wild animals. Do not screw with them. They are in cages for a reason. If you're too stupid to know you shouldn't scale a fence in a zoo, then you deserve what you get.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't.

14. wildwolf220

She must be nuttier than squirrel droppingsrolleyes

15. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

couldn't have said it better myself :-D

16. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Every time I hear/see/read about another act of sheer stupidity by a member of the human race; I think of Bill Engvall and the "Here's your sign" skit.

If they had been wearing a sign, I could have stopped them. Really, we need to start making them wear a sign that has "I'm STOOPID!!!" printed in large DayGlo letters. That way when their eyes glaze over and they get that grin on their face, we know they are about to do something STOOPID and can stop them.

17. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

And interfere with natural selection? Perish the thought!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds